[Zope] Win32 port of Zope 2.00a1

Anthony Pfrunder s341625@student.uq.edu.au
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 16:53:06 +1000 (GMT+1000)

Hi,

I've been playing with Zope2.00a1 on both Linux and Win32.  I have noticed
that it is considerably harder to get it working on Win95/NT.  To assist
those ppl who want to try it out on Windows I have created an MS VC6.0
workspace + project file for it.  By compiling under "Win32 Release" mode
MS C will create a zope.exe with all the Zope extensions built-in to it.
To compile this you will need the Python-1.5.2 source to generate the
python15.lib and python15.dll.

As I don't have externally accessable web space if you want a copy please
email me @ s341625 at student dot uq dot edu dot au.

I am planning to create a python script to automatically convert from unix
Zope extensions and another to install it under windows.  I'd be happy to
create win32 binaries for the Zope project.

Cheers,
Anthony Pfrunder

PS Please excuse any cludgyness in my implementation of the project files
as it is my first attempt at extension creation on Win32 :)

BTW what is the difference between cPersistence in BoboPOS and the one in
Zodb apart from the fact that only the BoboPOS one can be imported?  They
need to be patched to return cPersistence on load error instead of
cDocumentTemplate (plus a few others that I've forgotten this freezing
arvo;)