[Zope] Software for Zope

Paul Everitt paul@digicool.com
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 08:54:37 -0400

Tom Deprez wrote:

> Yes, thinking of it now, you're correct, Freshmeat.net is something which
> could fullfil this task.... Now, only waiting for a very intelligent and
> Pythoness person to create a Zope-specific Freshmeat.net product. I'm glad
> to help.... if there is something I could do....
>
> However, with my discussion with Paul, the Zope site will change during this
> month, but this doesn't mean that such a product wouldn't fit in the
> community.

I hate to constantly point behind curtain number 3, but...I can pretty
much guarantee that this kind of thing will be on zope.org as part of
the first cut.

Here's the vague idea...

zope.org will have a number of roles.  The minimum role is, of course,
Anonymous.  A step just above that will be Member which permits some
personalization and a small home folder.  A step just above that will be
a Contributor role that is able to author common information that must
be reviewed before it is public.  Next is Reviewer, someone able to
approve changes.  Next are Manager and superuser (current roles).

Note that the Contributor role won't be there in the first cut, or will
but the reviewing thing won't be there.

Anyway, point is, people will have a home folder on zope.org where they
can list packages.  Expect this to be pretty cool.

By the end of next week, we'll have a definitive statement on what's
coming and when.

--Paul