[Zope] ANNOUNCE: Zope 2.0.0 alpha 2 has been released

Amos Latteier amos@aracnet.com
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 19:00:50 -0700

At 05:02 PM 6/14/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Jim Fulton wrote:
>>
>> See:
>>   http://www.zope.org/Download/Releases/Zope-2.0.0a2
>
>Hmm, looking through the list of bugs fixed and the todo list doesn't
>turn up any mention of bug #197 which is making ZClasses unusable under
>ZODB2 and ZODB3.
>
>http://www.zope.org/Collector/bugsAndFeatures/Classification/Bug/tableBrows
e?query_start=197

I know this bug, I submitted it (with your prodding if I recall ;-)

I believe that it's fixed, though I need to talk to Jim to be sure. At
least the latest Zope from CVS does not seem to have this problem any more.

One thing you should note is that to make a management view (tab) visible,
the current user needs to have permissions to access the method. You may
need to go to your property sheet and click the "Security" tab and maps
permissions of the property sheet to permissions of the class.

I'm still unsure what exactly the right details for everything are, which
accounts for the bug report not being resolved yet.

But, don't fear, we're aware of the issue, and are working on it.

>Hmm, a thought just occured to me: If the redesigned zope site allowed
>visitors to 'vote' for their 'favorite bugs', it would allow you to more
>easily prioritize them.

I like that idea. I'll vote for it ;-)

-Amos

P.S. Don't forget that Zope 2 is in fact still alpha.