[Zope] transition to Zope 2.0/Python 1.5.2

Doug Wyatt doug@sonosphere.com
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 00:12:49 -0400

Hi all,

I'm running Zope 1.10.2 with Python 1.5.1 on my Linux box.  My wife
and I did a consulting project and the provider flaked out on getting
Zope installed, so one page of the (low-volume) site is being served
from my development machine via Apache/PCGI on port 80.

But I want to start a new project using Zope 2.0.

Here are some questions:

Will Zope 1.10.2 work with Python 1.5.2?  If so, then I'll just
upgrade Python and run the Zopes separately, 1.10.2 via Apache/PCGI,
2.0 via ZServer.

Or is there an update to 1.10.2 which will work with Python 1.5.2?

Or is it reasonably easy to have both Python 1.5.1 and 1.5.2
installed on the same machine?  If so, I'd appreciate tips.

Apologies if this has been answered already and I missed it.

Thanks

Doug

--
Doug Wyatt                             doug@sonosphere.com