[Zope] Authentication challenge on database query bug

Graham Chiu anon_emouse@hotmail.com
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 09:24:46 +1200

Well, this appears to be a real bug in 1.11pr1 ? 2.x.

When doing a database query I would occasionally get an authentication
challenge.  It was always the same query.  If I cancelled the challenge,
I got an error message saying that I was not allowed access to RRP,
which was one of the fields in my query.

Now this was the same bug that Butch Landingin was getting in his
SquishDot product which he solved by replacing all NULLs in the
TinyTables he was using.

I therefore did the same.  I removed all NULLs from my RRP field, and
now the challenge has disappeared.

So, in short, when anonymous queries a table which returns a set
containing nulls, Zope mounts an authentication challenge.

-------
Regards,        Graham Chiu
gchiu<at>compkarori.co.nz