[Zope] Looking for a Zope friendly ISP

Jim Cain jec@mgmt-inc.com
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 13:56:53 -0400

>   Anyone have an ISP they recommend for running a Zope server on? My
> current ISP is willing to load Python on one of their servers for me, but
> this is for a new client and I've had problems with this ISP when it
> comes to keep shopping carts daemons running (minivend specifically).
> Thanks for any advice you can supply.

I am the administrator of @mgmt, inc. ("At Management"), a small
web-hosting service that is asssociated with a small advertising agency.
We've been doing this for four or five years, but even so, we only have a
handful of sites, since the service has not been advertised beyond agency
clients.

A couple months ago I began experimenting with Zope, and right now I have
Zope 2 running under Apache 1.3.6 on my server. It's not fully configured
yet, as I'm still developing some test sites for it, but it is set up so
that each virtual server (and thus each client) has a separate Bobo
database. If there were sufficient interest, it wouldn't take long for me
to finalize an "official" configuration.

In case my signature is lost, the main site is at <http://www.mgmt-inc.com>.

Cheers,
Jim

    ____________       Jim Cain, System Administrator     ___