[Zope] IE FrontPage Express authoring vs. Netscape authoring

Alex Rice alrice@swcp.com
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 12:31:34 -0600 (MDT)

On Tue, 15 Jun 1999 14:06:11 -0700,
"Barry Reicherter" <breicherter@ex-pressnet.com> said:

Barry>  I see how nicely the Netscape Composer publishing functions
Barry> works with = Zope from the description given in the Zope Managers
Barry> Guide, but I was = wondering if there was possible for this same
Barry> process to be created = using FrontPage Express as the authoring
Barry> tool.  I haven't looked at = FrontPage Express in some time and
Barry> don't know if it even had a publish = function, but I wondered if
Barry> this had been given any thought, given the = increased adoption
Barry> of IE in corporations.  Thanks.

I believe Frontpage just uses FTP to publish, unless you happen to have
the Frontpage extensions installed at your ISP (shudder) in which case
it does who-knows-what to transfer your site using the frontpage
extension binaries on the server.

As someone who works for an ISP that grudgingly supports Frontpage, I
can tell you from experience it is truly a lousy program.

I expect FP 2000 will be the same. Very pretty exterior, but with a
rotten core.

Alex Rice    |    alrice@swcp.com    |    http://www.swcp.com/~alrice
    Current Location: N. Rio Grande Bioregion, Southwestern USA