[Zope] ANNOUNCE: EXPERIMENTAL DTML Syntax change

Doug Wyatt doug@sonosphere.com
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 15:44:03 -0400

At 9:06 -0400 6/15/99, Jim Fulton wrote:
>   <dtml-var standard_html_header>
>   <ul>
>     <dtml-in objectValues>
>       <li> <a href="&dtml-URL1;/&dtml-id;/manage_workspace">
>            <dtml-var title></a>
>     </dtml-in>                               <-- i fixed this -- dsw
>   </ul>
>   <dtml-var standard_html_footer>

My first impression: this is a big improvement - much easier to read and type.

My only concern is that it's inconsistent when you want to put DTML
inside HTML tags, like with the href in the example above.  I suppose
that's unavoidable.  Do you have to escape all ampersands now, or is
'&dtml' itself the key?

Can you use "&dtml-some_variable_name" outside of quotes?

Doug

--
Doug Wyatt                             doug@sonosphere.com
Sonosphere (electric/improv music)     http://www.sonosphere.com/