[Zope] solution for alpha2 permissions problem?

Daniel M. Drucker dmd@3e.org
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 17:41:48 -0400 (EDT)

> Daniel> I've been reading the list, but I guess I must have missed it --
> Daniel> what's the solution to the alpha-2 permissions problem that prevents
> Daniel> me from running zope as root/nobody so it can be on port 80?
>
> (maybe this is it?) Make sure user nobody has read/write permissions on
> var/. What port(s) it listens on depends what options you pass z2.py

User nobody has read/write permissions on var. If I su - nobody, I can
create and remove files there.

It's a file creation problem, not a socket problem -- the same thing
happens if I request port 9673 but run as root.