[Zope] Split the list again?

Wed, 16 Jun 1999 21:23:11 +1000

>>> Phillip Beazley wrote
> Well, I don't know...  This is the only list that I have to MANUALLY
> type in the list address every time unless I actually want the reply to
> go to the person.  99.9% of the time, I want my replies to go to the list.

read the article I posted a link to. if your mailer doesn't have a
'reply to group' or 'reply to all' function, then get a better mailer.

reply-to list means that any standard mailer _cannot_ reply just to the
original author, without the user having to manually edit the headers.

reply-to list also leads to a higher incidence of mail loops, stupid
vacation messages, and other rubbish, being sent to the list.

that link again:  http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html

Anthony