[Zope] Split the list again?

Phillip Beazley pcbmls@futuresights.com
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 07:25:37 -0400

At 09:23 PM 6/16/1999 +1000, Anthony Baxter wrote:

 >read the article I posted a link to. if your mailer doesn't have a
 >'reply to group' or 'reply to all' function, then get a better mailer.

It does.  Imagine that.  Never had to use it before.  Like I said, this
is the only one I've seen this happen on, out of around 15 or so that
I'm currently on.

 >reply-to list means that any standard mailer _cannot_ reply just to the
 >original author, without the user having to manually edit the headers.

Yeah, and?

 >reply-to list also leads to a higher incidence of mail loops, stupid
 >vacation messages, and other rubbish, being sent to the list.

If that's the case, the list administrator needs to get a better list server.

--
Phillip Beazley
FutureSights -- Web Hosting, Development & Marketing