[Zope] external search engines (altavista, etc.)

Jules Allen zope@jules.com
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 13:33:38 -0400

At 12:16 PM 6/16/99 -0400, Brian Lloyd wrote:
>Just for the record, the main thing you need to watch out for
>as far as search engines indexing your site is funny links that
>make use of acquisition. A side effect of the way Acquisition
>works is that an object can "acquire itself from itself" - in
>other words a url like:
>
>http://myserver.com/foo/foo/foo/foo/foo/foo/foo/foo/
>
>...is perfectly valid (and will be found by Zope through Acquisition)
>even though there is only really one top level foo object :) If foo
>in this case happens to be a document, having a link like:

>in it will probably cause some search robots to lose their minds :)

If you screw up a .css link rel, it'll cause a modern browser to lose its
mind, too! Now that we know there are working buffer overflows in NT, I'm
sure there's a crack built in there somewhere...

--
"There should be one-- and preferably only one --obvious way to do it.
 Although that way may not be obvious at first unless you're Dutch."