[Zope] help :( ... entire site disappeared

michel@digicool.com michel@digicool.com
16 Jun 1999 16:31:48 -0400

Daniel M. Drucker <dmd@3e.org> writes:

> I reinstalled Zope2, having saved my var directory to another
> location. I shut down zope properly before saving that directory.
>
> Now, when I put the files from the old 'var' into the new 'var', the
> new Zope2 doesn't see them and just gives the default view with
> acl_users, control panel, and standard_*.
>
> Have I lost everything? What happened? Why doesn't it recognize my
> Data.bbb?

If you run Zope in ZODB3 mode, then it will not use Data.bbb, but
rather Data.fs (don't bother renaming your old .bbb to .fs, it won't
work, ZODB3 and ZODB2 use different formats, it will probably
overwrite your old file if you try this).  To see your Data.bbb file,
you must run Zope 2.0 in ZODB2 mode, ie: run z2.py with the -2
switch.  This will use var/Data.bbb instead of var/Data.fs.

Note, ZODB2 is NOT concurrent, and Zope 2.0 is STILL alpha in either
ZODB2 or ZODB3 mode.  The latest stable release of Zope is 1.10.2,
with 1.10.3 (a bug fix release) probably tocome out on Friday if we
don't hear anything bugwise.

-Michel