[Zope] win32 binaries for Zope 2 ?

Miller, John M. jmiller1@uop.com
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 15:31:47 -0500

I've gotten a little further an this problem, if you be interested.  I
managed to at least get a DLL out of ExtensionClass.o without getting tons
of reference errors.  What I did was first copy the file libpython1.5.a for
my python lib directory to the directory with ExtensionClass.o.  Then I ran
the following:
	dllwrap -o ExtensionClass.dll ExtensionClass.o libpython1.5.a

The resulting DLL is a bit hefty- about 2MB, which isn't too surprising as
this about the size of my libpython1.5.a.  I'm not too sure how to proceed
from this point.  I think I'll have to go check a little more carefully how
things build on my Linux system and try to recreate that here -or- try and
do something like with the Zope+Win32 source patch which creates an
executable that calls a 'specialized' DLL containing python+Zope extensions.

Sorry, in incoherent mode after spending much of day trying various stuff
trying to get this to work.  Hope this all makes sense and provides a little
extra mileage...

Ciao-ness,
John Miller