[Zope] Authentication return weird string

lstep@mail.dotcom.fr lstep@mail.dotcom.fr
20 Jun 1999 14:16:30 +0200

Hello,

I'm having problems with the AUTHENTICATED_USER variable. Normally,
when the administrator authenticates itself, I should have the
'Manager' role returned by the AUTHENTICATED_USER.getRoles() method,
right ?
When I logon, and then access a web page with the following snippet:

<!--#if "AUTHENTICATED_USER.getRoles()"-->
  You have the following roles:
    <!--#in "AUTHENTICATED_USER.getRoles()"-->
    <LI><!--#var sequence-item-->
    <!--#/in-->
<!--#else-->
  You have no roles defined.
<!--#/if-->

I get 'manage' as a role, and not 'Manager' !? When browsing without
authenticating, I get 'Anonymous', which is right.

I'm using Zope 2.0a2, under Linux with Apache and PCGI to send requests
to ZServer. For the authorizations, I'm passing them in httpd.conf with:
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP:Authorization} ^(.*)
RewriteRule ^/(.*) /usr/local/Zope/Zope.cgi/$1 [last,e=HTTP_CGI_AUTHORIZATION:%1

Is this a bug from Zope, from the PCGI wrapper, from Apache, from me,
or is it normal and if so, what did I miss ?

Thanks,
Luc
--
Luc Stepniewski <lstep@mail.dotcom.fr>