[Zope] how to do stringmanipulation in SQL search templates (fwd)

Joachim Schmitz perry@ac-copy.net
Sun, 20 Jun 1999 22:04:55 +0200 (CEST)

Here is the solution for my some minutes before posted question:

the only thing which was wrong was the quote-char, if I use "'"
right-qote instead of "´" (on my keyboard it looks like a vertical
quote) it works. They look very similar, in Python I use "´" (vertical)

regards

Joachim Schmitz

some minutes ago I wrote:

Hi,

I try to accomplish a very simple thing:

the select statement shall finally look like this:

select * from data where name LIKE 'Ab%'

As input in form the user should only give "Ab" and the "%" should be
added by default.

I tried:

select * from data where name LIKE <!--#var expr="name + ´%´" sql_quote-->

but that gives a

     name + ´%´
            ^
 SyntaxError: invalid syntax