[Zope] ANNOUNCE: Z Classes Tutorial Update

Alex Rice alrice@swcp.com
Mon, 21 Jun 1999 18:41:04 -0600 (MDT)

On Mon, 21 Jun 1999 12:29:14 -0400,
Amos Latteier <Amos@digicool.com> said:

Amos> I'm not sure where you got that idea. To my knowledge you can
Amos> create Products in the Control Panel without being the "super
Amos> manager". Though you do need to have the "Manager" role.

You're right. Not sure where I got that idea. :-)

Amos> We've talked about being able to have multiple Control Panels at
Amos> different levels in the Zope hierarchy, so that Control Panel
Amos> setting are not global. This change is a ways off yet, and is not
Amos> necessary in order to use Z Classes.

That would be cool. I can see myself really cluttering up the "Available
Objects" menu with ZClasses to the point of it being almost
unusable. Being able to categorize them or make them non-global would be
excellent.

Alex Rice    |    alrice@swcp.com    |    http://www.swcp.com/~alrice
    Current Location: N. Rio Grande Bioregion, Southwestern USA