[Zope] New version of mod_pcgi

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@mems-exchange.org
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 09:36:59 -0400 (EDT)

Oleg Broytmann writes:
>   The idea of "mount point" (PCGI_Mount /pcgi/ directive) made me
>suspicious. Does it mean I can use mod_pcgi only limited way?

The mount point idea comes from mod_jserv, where you have servlet
zones mounted at different URIs in the tree.

>1. Could I redirect different locations to different Zope folders? With
>Zope.cgi and mod_rewrite I can do it:

Currently the list of mount points contains only a single string, the
URI prefix of the mount point.  It would not be difficult to expand
the list to contain structs instead, each struct containing
mount-specific information.  But I'd like to hold off on that and see
if people really run multiple Zope processes on the same server.

A more critical issue is to figure out why the Zope2 folder management
doesn't work under mod_pcgi; you can't check off an object and hit the
'delete' button, because Zope has output a FORM element with an action
of '/pcgi'.  I'm not sure what's going on to cause this... probably a
missed environment variable.

I wish I were an angry shoe, a bodiless balloon. Cut off my covenant with God
the pain of orthopedic glue.
    -- Darling-Come-Home's song in DOOM PATROL #25