[Zope] ANN: ZCatalog 1.0.0 alpha

Scott Robertson sroberts@codeit.com
Mon, 28 Jun 1999 12:13:49 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 28 Jun 1999, Boris Borcic wrote:

> Martijn Pieters wrote:
> >
> > Michel Pelletier wrote:
> >
> > >Brainstorm on this, and
> > >let me know what you come up with.
> >
> > Hmm.. many searching interfaces that let you search on multiple fields
> > (like Eudora 4.2) give you only the option to show objects that match any
> > or all criteria. It would certainly solve my problem if we had this choice =).
> >
> > Maybe ZCatalog should accept a special argument that specifies with a
> > normal boolean search string how to join the results of the different
> > indexes, something like:
> >
> >          title and (summary or body)

> 2. What are the non-standard solutions, then ?

How about using the LDAP qurey syntax:

object_property = value
object_property < value

More advanced operations coule be done like

(& (property = value) (other_property < value))

Chris from DC posted some LDAP specs to the list that summed up the syntax
pretty well.

One thing that could be done is to say that if no property name is
specified then it means to search any property.

- Scott Robertson             Phone: 714.972.2299 -
- CodeIt Computing            Fax:   714.972.2399 -
-                http://codeit.com                -