[Zope] Instance methods overiding Class method

Service Informatique CHSR chsrinfo@GUETALI.FR
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 15:56:39 +0400

Hello,

I wonder if the following is the intended behavior or it is to be fixed:

I create MyClass which inherits from Folder.
I create MyFolder, instance of MyClass, and I create a MyMethod DTML Method
in it.
*Then* I create a DTML Method named MyMethod in MyClass.

Newly created MyClass instance won't let me create methods named MyMethod in
them (object already exists). However, http://mysite/MyFolder/MyMethod
displays the content of the first method (instead of the MyClass method).

And now the funny part: if I delete MyFolder.MyMethod, it is not possible to
"Undo" the deletion: the transaction is not is the list anymore, but
MyMethod doesn't get recreated in MyFolder.

Sincere-ly yours :-)
Jephte CLAIN
Service Informatique