[Zope] difference between Squishdot and Portal toolkit

Tim Wilson wilson@chemsun.chem.umn.edu
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 17:14:24 -0500 (CDT)

Hi everyone,

I'm just about to install Zope for the first time and would like to begin
developing portal/Slashdot-like for my school district's home page. I'm a
science teacher in the district who's being paid this summer to work on
the page.

I've been lurking on this list for a couple weeks now and reading as much
as I can. Zope look awesome! I can't wait to start using it.

Before I get to that, I'm wondering if someone could briefly describe the
difference between the Zope Portal Toolkit and the Squishdot product. It
appears that the ZPT is an official Digital Creations product, while
Squishdot is user-created. I know that ZPT requires 2.0.x (which I was
going to install anyway). Do the two produts work together at all? I'm
trying to figure out where to start.

Later,
Tim

--
Timothy D. Wilson			"A little song, a little dance,
University of MN, chem. dept.		a little seltzer down your