[Zope] Zope and Apache - again

raver@box.dust.za.net raver@box.dust.za.net
Mon, 1 Mar 1999 20:03:56 +0100

On Mon, Mar 01, 1999 at 11:03:24AM -0500, Paul Everitt wrote:

> > If it works - is there someone that can say exactly how
> > apache should be
> > configured and compiled to get it working (best of all also
> > put in a working
> > httpd.conf also)?
>
> We'd prefer that you start with the Zap distribution, as it removes a
> whole bunch of variables.  Can you tell us what was the error with using
> Zap?
>
> --Paul

What I did:

1) Extract the Zap distro into my top level Zope dir. Entered the Zap dir and
did ./startzap.

This happened:

'./startzap /usr/local/Zope/Zap/bin/zap: No such file or directory'

2) I figured the httpd equivalent 'zap' was broken and replaced it with my
httpd (from apache 1.3.4). Again I fired up zap with ./startzap.

This happened:

No complaints this time. Apache (or rather zap) fires up correctly, but when
I try to reach the server with netscape or lynx (http://localhost/, (I
changed port back to 80)) I get 'Document contains no data'.

Same goes for trying: http://localhost/cgi-bin/Zope/manage - I get 'zero
sized reply', 'The requested URL could not be retrived'.

Now - seems like there are some settings missing from the zap.conf file?

Or if nothings wrong - then maby give the readme-file a facelift and
make it more clear to ppl like me what to do to get it running.

Zope seems just too good to just let go!!

Hope to get it running soon

Regards Sture Lygren