[Zope] Zope and Apache - again

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Mon, 1 Mar 1999 14:25:45 -0500

I just did a fresh install and this works for me.  Can you run bin/zap
by hand from the shell prompt?

Have you tried downloading a fresh copy of the Zap tarball?

> 2) I figured the httpd equivalent 'zap' was broken and
> replaced it with my
> httpd (from apache 1.3.4). Again I fired up zap with ./startzap.
>
> This happened:
>
> No complaints this time. Apache (or rather zap) fires up
> correctly, but when
> I try to reach the server with netscape or lynx (http://localhost/, (I
> changed port back to 80)) I get 'Document contains no data'.
>
> Same goes for trying: http://localhost/cgi-bin/Zope/manage -
> I get 'zero
> sized reply', 'The requested URL could not be retrived'.

Your own httpd binary might not be compiled properly for Zope use, check
out the Zap FAQ at http://www.zope.org/Community/Projects/Zap.  Doh, I
just noticed that this is not an obvious link from the d/l page.  I will
make it so.

> Now - seems like there are some settings missing from the
> zap.conf file?

The conf file that comes with zap is ok.  We and others tested it quite
a bit.

> Or if nothings wrong - then maby give the readme-file a facelift and
> make it more clear to ppl like me what to do to get it running.

When we figure out your problem, it will get added to the docs.

> Zope seems just too good to just let go!!

It is that good.