[Zope] Is a JPython implemention within the realm of possibil ity?

Paul Everitt Paul@digicool.com
Mon, 1 Mar 1999 14:47:28 -0500

Bern wrote:
> I am wondering if it is within the realm of possibility that the Zope
> project might eventually support operation as a Java program
> (under JPython)
> in addition to operation under traditional Python.  I know it
> would probably
> be a large undertaking and that there may well be better
> places to spend
> precious energy, but I thought I'd register my interest in
> the prospect.

This was one of the things that I hoped to see by going Open Source.  So
far there have been ports to operating systems that we just wouldn't
have supported, which is a great to see.  I'm intrigued by someone that
really knows Java picking up a JZope effort.

As for Digital Creations, I doubt you'll see us focus on it unless one
of our consulting customers requires it.  Same old story -- never
enought time :^(

--Paul

Paul Everitt       Digital Creations
paul@digicool.com  540.371.6909