[Zope] ZMySQLDA installation

Timothy Grant tjg@avalongroup.net
Mon, 01 Mar 1999 14:28:08 -0800

Hi all,

This is probably more of a newbie Linux question than a newbie Zope
question, but I'm going to ask it here anyway:

I would like to connect Zope to a database, so I have setup both
PostgreSQL and MySQL. My reading tells me that MySQL is probably the
better choice as a web backend (Any comments from those of you more
knowledgable than I would be appreciated!) So I downloaded the MySQL
source, compiled, installed and tested it. It looks like I did it right.
I then downloaded the ZMySQLDA from the Zope site.

I have followed the directions--I think, but get the following error
when trying to do the initial make:

[tjg@puddleglum src]$ make -f Makefile.pre.in boot
rm -f *.o *~
rm -f *.a tags TAGS config.c Makefile.pre python sedscript
rm -f *.so *.sl so_locations
VERSION=`python -c "import sys; print sys.version[:3]"`; \
installdir=`python -c "import sys; print sys.prefix"`; \
exec_installdir=`python -c "import sys; print sys.exec_prefix"`; \
make -f ./Makefile.pre.in VPATH=. srcdir=. \
        VERSION=$VERSION \
        installdir=$installdir \
        exec_installdir=$exec_installdir \
        Makefile
make[1]: Entering directory
`/usr/local/zope/Zope-1.10.0pr1-linux2-x86/lib/pytho
n/Products/ZMySQLDA/src'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target
`/usr/lib/python1.5/config/Makefile', needed
 by `sedscript'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/local/zope/Zope-1.10.0pr1-linux2-x86/lib/python
/Products/ZMySQLDA/src'
make: *** [boot] Error 2

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--