[Zope] ANNOUNCE: FAQ Tool sample Zope app.

Gary Stephenson garys@magna.com.au
Tue, 02 Mar 1999 09:51:00 +1100

Amos Latteier wrote:

> At 05:04 PM 3/1/99 +1100, you wrote:
> >Amos Latteier wrote:
> >

> >> Correct. This is what's supposed to be there. Does the FAQ Tool not work
> >> when you install it? Are you using Zope 1.10.2?
> >>
> >> -Amos
> >
> >My Zope Zen seem to have gone negative (started at zero - and just got worse
> >:( ) but HOW do you install it.
>
> I hate to tell you to RTFM, but did you try the "Installation Instructions"
> on the page where you downloaded it?

A perfectly reasonable suggestion - and one that I have made many times myself!
<g>

I did, in fact, RTFM - but the FM makes absolutely zero mention of anything
"leverish", to adopt a seemingly Zopish mode of Englishish. ;-)  I followed your
link given in another message, and realised that what I had been reading about in
terms of Product Distributions was (I think) what you refer to as the "Lever".

IAC, I followed the instructions given, and when it didn't work I went back, and
worked my way through the Product Tutorial exercise - excellent!   The POLL
product works fine!  But the levered faq product .DAT file apparently failed to
unpickle - as described by others in this thread.  My product management screen
shows the FAQ product as installed, but the actual product directory still has
just the three files from the tarball.  In my case, however, it is on a Linux ZAP
system - so the problem is not confined to Win32 as others have conjectured.

Hope this helps, and apologies for the lack of specifics in my previous post.
Can we please have the term "lever" clarified and documented a little better.

-my-FAQ-product-having-FA-Q's-in-it-ly yours

gary