[Zope] trouble running zope-1.10.2 (freebsd, python 1.5.1)

Oyvind Moll oyvindmo@pvv.ntnu.no
02 Mar 1999 19:44:16 +0100

* Oyvind Moll

| Trying to get started with Zope on a FreeBSD machine.
[snip]
| I then get the following in var/serve.log (slightly edited for
| slightly more readability):
[snip]

|   File "/usr/home/taiga/oyvindmo/work/Zope-1.10.2-src/lib/python/BoboPOS/SimpleDB.py",
|   line 104, in ?
|     from cPickle import Pickler, Unpickler
| ImportError:
| /usr/home/taiga/oyvindmo/work/Zope-1.10.2-src/lib/python/cPickle.so: Undefined symbol "PyExc_IOError"

I discovered that my python binary was compiled without thread
support.  I think this is the case for many FreeBSD machines which
haven't been updated recently-ish; maybe the ZDPers could mention this
in a FAQ or something.

Could the build script(s) check for proper thread support upon
building?

--
   Øyvind Møll
   oyvindmo@pvv.ntnu.no