[Zope] [ZDP] Announcing the Zope Documentation Project

Ken Manheimer klm@digicool.com
Tue, 2 Mar 1999 15:14:58 -0500

Martijn Faassen wrote:

> Hereby I announce in absolute adhoc anarchistic fashion the Zope
> Documentation Project. The Zope Documentation Project aims to generate
> documention on anything Zope.

Thank you, Martijn, you've made my day!  This is extremely cool.

As you might expect, here at digicool we're yearning to produce more and
better documentation, and, as with other things, we want to have more
time and energy to do it than we do.  This kind of effort from you, and
from anyone else who can help, is *severely* appreciated.  I know i'll
be participating - question is, besides scraping together the time we
can, how else can digicool help?  Some thoughts, below...

> The Zope Documentation Project needs people who wants to help. It
needs
> these people to get organized.
>
> To get focused, I propose the ZDP's initial project is to provide FAQs
> on various Zope topics. We can mine the mailing list for good
questions
> and answers.
>
> The ZDP asks everybody to contribute. Right now we need everything. :)
> We need questions and answers, and we need to categorize these in
> separate FAQ sections. We need Zope webspace somewhere to put up the
> FAQ, I assume using the FAQ product. We need to develop the FAQ
product
> further, if necessary. We need whatever you can think of.
>
> The prime mean of communications for the ZDP is the Zope mailing list,
> until further notice. I suggest that to keep the mailing list somewhat
> organized we prepend our mailing list subjects with '[ZDP]'. If
somebody
> has a better way, we'll do it a better way.

Some thoughts:

 - We would be happy to provide a mailing list or two for you all

 - If it makes sense (logistically, for us as well as for you), we could
host
   the FAQ stuff or whatever on zope.org.  This we'll have to discuss -
both
   what all might want, and what we can safely and effectively do...

(I've been thinking about requirements for a collaborative FAQ
mechanism, which can be tricky if you want it to be available for
contribution to the community in general, yet still remain organized
enough for people to find what they're seeking.  An interesting
problem...)

> Note that while I'm sending out this message, I'm not anything
official.
> I'm just attempting to get the ball rolling.
>
> *nudges the ball*

Yay!

Ken
klm@digicool.com