[Zope] AUTHENTICATED_USER, and what you can do with it.

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Wed, 03 Mar 1999 08:52:48 +0100

At 17:19 02/03/99 , julian@zereau.net wrote:
>On 02-Mar-99 Michel Pelletier wrote:
>>
>> This is an excellent post.  I want to add that _getPassword() is a handy
>> function also if you want to use your Zope user to authenticate into an
>> external system, like POP3 or IMAP.
>
>It occurs to me that a DTML document could contain this in a transparent
>sendmail form, assuming there is already a handy Mailhost set up, to capture
>and mail off the password of anyone browsing the page...

No, because from DTML you can't call methods starting with an underscore. This
was actually the reason I didn't include this in my overview.

You can still use it in en external method, I know. But then again, I can do a
heck of a lot more bad things in external methods.

--
M.J. Pieters, Web Developer