[Zope] Indirect variable references

Ross J. Reedstrom reedstrm@rice.edu
Wed, 03 Mar 1999 18:02:51 -0600

Amos Latteier wrote:
<a nice dissertation on variable indirection, which I now understand>

I'm piggy backing this on Amos's post from a while ago, because that is
where I finally found my answer. I could have sworn I had seen (and
used!) a DTML code fragment that displayed the form variables sent to
it, with there values. Obviously, this involves indirection.

After hunting through my (extensive) zope-list archive, I couldn't find
it, so I started over, with the help of Amos's text and wrote one. I
often need little tools like this to debug between my forms and sql
actions, so I can see what's really going on!

I call it 'show_vars'

The only tricky thing in it is that sequence-item is an invalid variable
name, so I need to wrap it in _[''] which leads to the double wrap when
dereferencing to get the value. Anyway, hope someone else finds it
useful!

<!--#var standard_html_header-->
<!--#in "REQUEST.form.keys()"-->
<!--#var standard_html_footer-->