[Zope] [ZDP] Announcing the Zope Documentation Project

Martijn Faassen M.Faassen@vet.uu.nl
Thu, 04 Mar 1999 10:40:40 +0100

John Eikenberry wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Mar 1999, Martijn Faassen wrote:
>
> > What would also be nice is some way to simply generate plain ascii text
> > versions of the FAQ as well, along with possibly some other versions. We
> > could also think about generating DocBook SGML (which then can be
> > converted in a lot of different formats with for instance the Linux
> > SGMLtools 2.0).
>
> I would love to see this feature (generating DocBook SGML). I thought
> about something like this myself (for my howto), but I just don't have the
> time at the moment. I could probably find enough time to help out a little
> though.

I'm randomly assuming here you know more about DocBook SGML than I do,
so here I'm involuntarily inofficially  but you can back out of it
immediately appointing you the ZDP DocBook SGML expert. :)

I think perhaps the first thing you could do is get together with people
in the Latex thread for docs; they seem to have come up with it
independently. I know even less Latex than SGML and SGML seems a closer
fit with the XML-ish direction the web's taking, so my question would be
to point out the advantages of SGML to everybody.

Regards and thanks in advance,

Martijn