[Zope] Using Zope with CORBA (new user question)

Jody Winston jody@ldeo.columbia.edu
Thu, 4 Mar 1999 17:12:16 -0500

I have a long running process that will be started by Zope.  This
process has a CORBA interface that is implemented using ILU.  I would
like to be able to asynchronously have this process generate data for
Zope.

My basic questions are:
	o Can I have an ILU mainloop inside of Zope?  (I really don't
	  care if I have to hack Zope or if I can use an external
	  method.)

	o Should I fork/exec the long running process and give the
	  process a URL that indicates where the data should be
	  written?  (I can use pickles or sql.)

	o How do I tell Zope that new data is avaliable if the process
	  is external to Zope?

Jody Winston