[Zope] special characters

Ross J. Reedstrom reedstrm@wallace.ece.rice.edu
Thu, 4 Mar 1999 17:08:29 -0600 (CST)

> it looks like:
>
> <input type="text" name="ans3:string" size="35"
>    value=""bar, spam"">
>
> Obviously, if I then save changes, the value is gone altogether.
>
> Is there a way of automatically converting quotes and other special
> characters to their escape codes (like the sqlquote method)?

Grovelling through the source I find something called html_quote in
lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_Util.py, so I tried:

<!--#var nastyvar html_quote-->

Which seems to so the right thing in the generated source. I'm not sure
how to get at the equivalent method call, though.

Does that help?

(p.s. there's url_quote, as well)

NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer