[Zope] Data from forms into a database - how?

raver@box.dust.za.net raver@box.dust.za.net
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 00:26:06 +0100

On Thu, Mar 04, 1999 at 04:18:02PM +0100, Martijn Pieters wrote:
> At 15:50 04/03/99 , Philip Aylesworth wrote:
> >2. The receiving doc (input_html) calls an SQL method (eg input_sql) with
> >an in tag.
> >
> ><!--#in input_sql-->
> ><!--/in-->
> >
> >If you do a select after your INSERT or UPDATE you can use it between the
> >in tags, otherwise you can just display a message or do a redirect after it.
>
> If you don't do anything with the returned data, a #call will suffice:
>
> <!--#call input_sql-->
>
> --
> M.J. Pieters, Web Developer
> | Antraciet http://www.antraciet.nl
> | Tel: +31-35-6254545 Fax: +31-35-6254555
> | mailto:mj@antraciet.nl http://www.antraciet.nl/~mj
> | PGP: http://wwwkeys.nl.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA8A32149

Both answers are much appreciated. Things start to clear up, but ...
As far as I understand zope it should also be possible to have forms send
data directly to external methods. How do I go abouth to make the argument
list in a python function so that it receives more than one 'form variable'.
1 is simple, but my form consists of 5. I get an error constructing the
python function to take 5 arguments. How is the 5 'variables' sent to the
method? How do I get hold of the values each store?

Lotsa questions - probly me doing things the wrong way but - I'm learning:)

Sture Lygren