[Zope] ZMySQLDA

Timothy Grant tjg@avalongroup.net
Thu, 04 Mar 1999 20:05:33 -0800

John Eikenberry wrote:

> 1. Get everything cleaned up (ie. back in the condition after first
>    untarring ZMySQL).
> 2. Edit Setup.in, add -L<the path to libmysqlclient> to the end of the
>    last line.
> 3. Proceed as usual (make -f Makefile.pre.in boot; make)

Thanks to both John and Ronald for their kind assitance. I have made it
past
my original error and got everything compiled correctly. However, my
general
Newbieness is still coming back and biting me on the you-know-what.

The instructions state that I should start python, and then Import the
MySQL
module to make sure it works. When I do, I get yet another error.

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
ImportError: libmysqlclient.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No
such
file or directory

The file does exist, so I am once again stumped.

Thank you for your continued assitance.

--
Stand Fast,
 tjg.