[Zope] Using Zope with CORBA (new user question)

Jeffrey P Shell jeffrey@Digicool.com
Fri, 05 Mar 1999 11:02:55 -0500

>     Paul> Jody wrote:
>     >> My basic questions are:
>     >> o Can I have an ILU mainloop inside of Zope?  (I really don't
>     >> care if I have to hack Zope or if I can use an external
>     >> method.)
>
>     Paul> This is a poor answer (as most here know I don't have the
>     Paul> mental horsepower to provide good responses :^), but...our
>     Paul> _intention_ over time is to have "ZServer" allow objects to
>     Paul> be published via PCGI, FastCGI, HTTP, FTP, and CORBA
>     Paul> simultaneously.
>
>     Paul> Ideally we'd get some kind of Python implementation into the
>     Paul> Medusa handler layer.  Obviously this approach has some
>     Paul> serious drawbacks...
>
>     Paul> Anyway, I realize that I'm not providing much of an answer,
>     Paul> so sorry :^(
>
> Would it be worthwhile to start looking at and hacking ZServer?

Yes.  ZServer really restores Zope's original intent from the Bobo days:
publishing objects through a variety of protocols.  I think ILU support was
once attempted back in those days.  However, a Bobo app at that time could
only have one publishing mechanism (ie, CGI, PCGI, FastCGI, ILU, etc...).
ZServer allows for multiple publishing mechanisms in the same application,
allowing access to the objects through the web, through FTP, or through any
other protocol developed for ZServer/Medusa.

.jPS | jeffrey@digicool.com
zope, through the web. www.zope.org