[Zope] Simple DTML Method/Acquisition problem + bug report

David Ascher da@ski.org
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 10:52:10 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

On Fri, 5 Mar 1999, Michael Bernstein wrote:

> Try: <!--#var "sidebar(PARENTS[-1],REQUEST)"-->
>
> This will call the method using the root folders' namespace, thereby
> showing all qualifiying subfolders regardless of where the method is
> called from. You might have to modify your method to construct absolute
> URL's.

Thanks!  What I actually wanted was sidebar(PARENTS[0], REQUEST), but you
pointed me in the direction I needed.  Now I have to understand it, but
that's much easier with working code.

This also led me to find a bug.  I was wondering why the REQUEST parameter
was needed, so I tried to remove it.  The next time I loaded a page
calling this code, the ZServer process died with the Win32 equivalent of a
segfault.  Is it just me?  I don't dare try it on another Zope server =).
[Zope 1.10.2, latest ZServer, win32, NT4SP3]

--david