[Zope] Why ZMySQLDA dies with KeyError: unhandled...

Jordan B. Baker jbb@spyderlab.com
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 19:58:51 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 5 Mar 1999, Jordan B. Baker wrote:

> Error, exceptions.KeyError: unhandled
>
> <!-- Traceback (innermost last):
>   File lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 877, in publish_module
>   File lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 590, in publish
>     (Info: spyderwatch/sql_period_report/manage_test)
>   File ../lib/python/Shared/DC/ZRDB/DA.py, line 305, in manage_test
>     (Object: CopySource)
>   File ../lib/python/Shared/DC/ZRDB/DA.py, line 286, in manage_test
>     (Object: CopySource)
>   File ../lib/python/Shared/DC/ZRDB/DA.py, line 390, in __call__
>     (Object: CopySource)
>   File lib/python/Products/ZMySQLDA/db.py, line 191, in query KeyError:
> (see above)
> -->

Why does my ZMySQLDA Z SQL Method die with a KeyError: unhandled message?

Well, I was looking at the code for the MySQLmodule and it appears that it
has problems handling some fields.

This appears to be a limitation of the MySQLmodule.  It currently does not
handle the LONGLONG datatype longer timestamps use.

At least I assume its the LONGLONG that is messing it up.  I haven't
looked into that much detail to be honest.

I'm not quite sure if this is something that should be included in the
FAQ, or considered a known bug, or submitted to the Collector?

Thanks,

 -------
Jordan B. Baker -- jbb@spyderlab.com
weaving the web @ http://www.spyderlab.com