[Zope] Q for the group

Dave G DAve@mail.netraven.com
Sun, 7 Mar 1999 21:14:32 -0800

Advice needed, opinions wanted.

I have a situation where there is a group of users with both a private
space and a public space. The users homepage is considered private with the
public space where all anonymous viewable docs are held. I have two
thoughts on how to do this, Zope is capable of either method, I'm curious
which method everyone else thinks best, and why.

First method;
community folder (contents public viewable by permission)
     user_folder (contents not public viewable by permission)
	users manage page (not public viewable by aquisition)
	users public folder (public viewable by permission)
	     public_html (public viewable by aquisition)
	     public2_html (public viewable by aquisition)
	users private folder (not public viewable by aquisition)

Second method;
community folder (contents public viewable by permission)
     user_folder (contents public viewable by aquisition)
	users manage page (not public viewable by permission)
	users public folder (public viewable by aquisition)
	     public_html (public viewable by aquisition)
	     public2_html (public viewable by aquisition)
	users private folder (not public viewable by permission)

Both have advantages and disadvantages, either way I end up with on - off,
off - on, in the permissions hirearchy. Anyone have a good argument for
either method?

DAve.

"On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at
the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait, and waiting -- died"