[Zope] Why ZMySQLDA dies with KeyError: unhandled...

Jordan B. Baker jbb@spyderlab.com
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 12:56:59 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 8 Mar 1999, Mike Pelletier wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Mar 1999, Jordan B. Baker wrote:
>
> > The other thing is that I doubt it handles double long integers since
> > AFAIK Python doesn't handle these without an extension module.
>
>    It sure does:
>
> Python 1.5.2b1 (#2, Jan 18 1999, 11:01:20)  [GCC 2.7.2.1] on freebsd3
> Copyright 1991-1995 Stichting Mathematisch Centrum, Amsterdam
> 99999999999999999L
> 99999999999980000000000001L
>
>     Spiffy, eh?  I'm pretty sure it's arbritrary-precision, which means you can
> make numbers as large as you have memory for.  Or is this not what you
> mean?

Hey, I'm glad you proved me wrong :)

It looks like there is a limitation in the MySQLmodule when handling
MySQL's LONGLONG datatypes that could probably be corrected.

I may take a look at this later, but I am thinking I may just store UNIX
timestamps in my database since this is more portable across databases
anyways.

But anyway, this may be a FAQ item as I'm sure other people may run into
it.

-jbb.

-------
Jordan B. Baker -- jbb@spyderlab.com