[Zope] Root Folders and Names {Manager's Guide Update}

Robert OConnor rocon@pivot.net
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 15:44:23 -0500

* How do I "name"  the *blank* root folder?

This is the same folder that is named "Plutonia" in
the Zope manager's guide.

Maybe the root folder has no name so
that if I go to  http://www.bob.com/  the
"Folder at /     " will present index_html
to requesting browsers.

If I did name it "plutonia" would it be accessible
both as
http://www.bob.com/   and as
http://www.bob.com/plutonia  ?

So maybe I don't need to "name" this root
folder.  If so, then the Zope manager's guide needs
to be clearer. In the fourth paragraph on page 12
it says:

"...presuming that your ZOPE is installed at
http://your.place.com/Objects and it's management
screen is at http://your.place.com/Objects/manage"

This does not follow through the document.
There is no folder named "Objects"

Maybe the document should say:

http://plutonia.com/ and it's management
screen is at http://plutonia.com/manage"

And to manage one of the three departments
used in the examples, say for
example "News" then:
http://plutonia.com/news/manage"

Other notes on this issue:
Timothy J. Grant asked:
"...My problem is that my Root folder in Zope has
no name, and it appears that FSIMPORT requires
a folder name for it to work."

No response was found to this post on
the ZOPE list.

-bobo connor