[Zope] tree doesn't work 4me linux amd win32

webmaster@mtear.com webmaster@mtear.com
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 17:16:29 -0800

Andy wrote>

Subject: [Zope] tree doesn't work 4me linux amd win32

I'm a zope newbie.

I just installed on a windows 95 box and on a linux 2.0.something
but I can't get anything with tree working (other stuff seems ok).

Hadars' second sample app doesn't work for me (the tree part
produces no output).

Even the minimal

<!--#tree-->
<!--#/tree-->

doesn't produce output (tried this with the second Habar example after
creating the "sub-folders").

I get the same behaviour on windows as linux.

I must be doing something wrong.  Clues please ?

I had the same problem, but only with Zope 1.10.2.  I noticed that DTML
documents (the default to be created) won't work with the tree tag.  If you
create a DTML Method (like the old DTML from Zope 1.9) then they work as
expected.  I don't have a clue as to why this works like this.  Maybe its
the proerties of the DTML Documents that are acting folderish and tree
doesn't know what to do?

Hope that helps,

Jason Spisak
webmaster@mtear.com