[Zope] Letting everyone view contents of a newly built site

raver@box.dust.za.net raver@box.dust.za.net
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 18:44:13 +0100

Hi!

Just made a small test-site, and followed the Zope magager guide to how to
let anyone view my newly made site, but thisg doesn't work. The doc say that
by default everyone should have access to view the contents of a site made
by zope, but here the authorization/authentication dialogue pops up whenever
someone try to access the site. Cancelling username/passwd just ends in
failure. Why ? I'm using apache as webserver for zope and has made it so that
apache handles the authentication bit, but still - shouldn't it let
'anonymous' trough? I've had a look at the security settings for both
folders and files and they all let 'anonymous view'. Whats wrong?

Sture