[Zope] Apache Authorization

Milos Prudek prudek@sol.cz
Fri, 12 Mar 1999 10:14:40 +0100

> > Turn on ExecCGI, you do need it !
> I can confirm this; this one bit me too, I recall. Can anyone write up a
> FAQ on this one? (I think I heard the Digicool folks are working on some

Well you were both right. I have turned on ExecCGI for my standard
cgi-bin directory, where I placed a copy of Zope.cgi. It is NOT
neccessary to add <Directory> statement for /usr/local/zope/ (I thought
it was neccessary... so I'm writing it here for the upcoming FAQ). Also
I thought that I should use http://www.domain.com/cgi-bin/Zope.cgi
address, which brings the introductory screen (that fooled me) but does
not allow authorization. The correct address is of course
http://www.domain.com/Zope, since that's what the rewrite rule is about.

Thanks to all who helped me!

--
Milos Prudek