[Zope] ZAP

Shaw, Howard ShawH@STHS.org
Sun, 14 Mar 1999 13:25:05 -0600

How can I configure ZAP so that all http requests go through the cgi?
Zope is the only thing running through this apache, so I don't want
everything on the site prefixed with Zope/ (or anything else, so no, I
don't just want to know how to change the prefix). This is basically
what is keeping me on ZopeHTTPServer.

BTW, running ZopeHTTPServer multi-threaded worked well for about 15
minutes. Then suddenly certain pages wouldn't load. I stopped and
restarted the server, but the pages still wouldn't load. I also noticed
that if I stopped Netscape and hit reload, it would cause several new
ZopeHTTPServer instances to appear, and doing so again would continue to
create new instances which never seemed to dissappear. Are these locking
the items they are downloading? The behavior I saw seemed consonant with
it locking the item it was downloading, then failing to recognize the
netscape had disconnected, and thus never removed its lock. When I
restarted it single-threaded, all the pages came up without a problem. I
would really like to move to Zap, but I can't afford at this point to
have the URL of the page change.

How can I make a Zope pcgi accessible as the root of a Zap install?
Please help.

Howard C. Shaw III
Programmer/SysAdmin
St. Thomas High School