[Zope] Newbie: trouble getting started under Windows 98

Robert Wentworth rhww@erols.com
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 16:15:27 -0500

While I expect to eventually be working under Unix
(once I can convince my hosting provider to install Zope),
at present I'm trying to use Zope under Windows 98.

The problem is: it's not working.

I'm using the Zope HTTP server, and I can contact the
management system just fine, a prowl around looking
at everything.  But if I try to add an object (whether
it be a DTML Document, a Folder, or an "Item" from
the sample_product package (which I installed), what
happens is:

	I am allowed to fill out the form where
	you enter object creation fields (ID, title, etc.),
	but when I send that form the HTTP server never
	returns.

Any clues as to how to fix this, or debug it, or get any
idea as to what is happening?

Robert Wentworth