[Zope] Newbie install help needed !!!!!

Thomas Schruefer tschruefer@mail.howard.k12.md.us
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 12:12:06 -0500

>Robert OConnor - rocon@pivot.net on 3/18/99 8:13 AM wrote:

>Hi Thomas,
>

>***This is were you got stuck***
>
>./install
>
>***No switches!!!

Ok, unstuck, whoops, stuck again.

I guess I have to do this in little baby steps.  Some sort of initiation
ritual, I think. ;-)  Now I am getting the error message below even
though python is clearly in the bin directory under the Zope install
directory.

"./install: bin/python: No such file or directory"

This is the shell install script:

***
#!/bin/sh

# Get script dir
if [ -n "`echo $0|sed -e 's%[^/]%%'`" ]; then
  PYTHONHOME=`echo $0 | sed -e 's%/[a-z.]*$%%'`
  cd $PYTHONHOME
else
  PYTHONHOME=.
fi

export PYTHONHOME
bin/python inst/product_install.py $*
***

A little different than the PERL I am used to seeing, but I've managed to
make heads-and-tails of the thing.

- I checked the location of python in the Zope install dir, ok.
- I checked to ensure that the sh shell was in the bin/ dir, ok.

Next up, re-upload the Zope file and check for a corrupted archive.

Any other ideas ?