[Zope] ZSQL direct traveral question

Jeff K. Hoffman jkhoffman@usa.net
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 22:13:36 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 18 Mar 1999, John Eikenberry wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Mar 1999, John Eikenberry wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> Still doesn't address my original problem thought. I still can't get
> access to any of the results of the 'mem/2' query anywhere other than
> directly after it (on the url).
>
> Ie.
>
> http://zope.kavi.com/mem/2/comp_admin/contacts/index_html
>
> Doesn't work, but...
>
> http://zope.kavi.com/mem/2/test_html
>
> Does...

Ok, here's a thought. What about trying:

  http://zope.kavi.com/comp_admin/contacts/mem/2/index_html

Since the 'mem' ZSQL Method is in your root folder, it will be acquired
by all folders below the root folder. Thus, the URL above should tell
ZPublisher to go to the /comp_admin/contacts folder, then call the
acquired 'mem' ZSQL method, with 2 as an argument, and using index_html to
display the results. (Assuming the parameter name is not required, because
you have checked 'Allow direct traversal', as you described.)

I am curious to know what the 'Allow direct traversal' button does on the
Advanced tab. Can anyone else here comment on that? Frankly, I didn't know
it existed, as I've been able to use direct traversal just fine without
it. It's curious to me that it changes the behavior of the traversal in
the manner you demonstrated. I'm dying to know why. :^)

> John Eikenberry

jkh