[Zope] ZServer licensing

Christopher Petrilli petrilli@amber.org
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 16:40:24 -0500

On Fri, Mar 19, 1999 at 04:25:51PM -0500, Tom Jenkins wrote:
> Hello all,
> Since ZServer is based on Medusa, does a commercial enterprise have
> to pay the $200/computer license?  Or is ZServer released under a true
> Open Source license (somehow)?

I believe the current agreement that Digital Creations has reached with
Sam Rushing (the author of Medusa) allows for open-source-style
distribution of ZServer so long as it's used with Zope.  Paul can
probably corret the exact legal situation, but basically DC bought an
unlimited license to give it away ... say thank you :-)

Chris