[Zope] one 'document' in many 'folders'

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos@gaaros.msrc.sunysb.edu
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 10:42:22 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 22 Mar 1999, Wade Leftwich wrote:

> My naive idea is to make each article a Document, one of whose
> properties is a list (or dictionary) of categories in which it should be
> placed. Generating each section's contents page would then take
> some figuring out, and performance on doing the contents page
> would be a concern.
>
> If there's a better way, I'd certainly appreciate hearing about it.

I suggest you try out your idea first. It sounds simple and
straightforward and performance won't be a problem unless you have too
many entries (but I am only guessing).

> placed. Generating each section's contents page would then take
> some figuring out,

Assuming you have a folder Entries and folders Python and Zope. An entry
in the entries folder is a DTML doc with a lines property named sections
containing the sections (folder names) where the given entry belongs to.
In the root folder you have a DTML method like: (untested)

<H1><!--# var title--> contents:</H1>
<!--# with "_.namespace(section_title=_['title']"-->
<!--# in Entries-->
<!--# if "section_title in sections"-->
... Do something (ie link to the entry or render the entry etc ...

you can call this method from inside the index_html method in each
section's folder.

Pavlos